350 Fairfax has raised the bar and challenged us to avoid single-use plastic from October 1 to October 30. You can visit the site’s challenge here, read all related information and learn some important facts. They even left a cool PDF with tips to prepare!
For now, you can join the challenge in the form below. Let’s be the difference!
Some facts taken from Earth Day:
- Almost half of annual plastic production is destined for a single-use product.
- Only about 23% of plastic bottles are recycled within the U.S.
- 50 billion water bottles are sold in the U.S. per year.
- 4 trillion plastic bags are used worldwide annually.
- Single-use-plastics frequently do not make it to a landfill or are recycled.